Who doesn’t love a creamy Alfredo pasta? Ketoains are surely not immune to such desires, so today, while craving a big plate of creamy noodles, I came up with a recipe for high-fat, low-carb Alfredo “pasta”.
This recipe features the trendy and super-versatile zucchini noodle. My local Whole Foods carries precut zucchini noodles, but you can easily make your own using a spiralizer.
Keto Zucchini Alfredo
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 cups zucchini noodles (1 medium sized zucchini if slicing your own)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Over medium heat, combine heavy cream, cream cheese and pesto in a small sauce pan. Stir continually until cream cheese is melted and mixture becomes a sauce consistency.
- Remove sauce from heat and add zucchini noodles. Mix until noodles are well-coated with sauce.
- Plate noodles and garnish with pine nuts.